Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day and a Milestone (or 2)

I know I am a little late posting this, but I wanted to remember the picture we took for Nolan's Valentine's Day treat bags for school. It turned out really cute.  I did not get any pictures of Arden on Vday this year because she has been sick. :-(


The one good thing that came from Arden being sick though is she all of a sudden didn't want her bottle anymore. Yes, I know she is 2 and should not still have a bottle. The thing is the bottle is the only thing she was really attached to, so we never pushed it. She only took it for nap and bedtime, so we just figured she would give it up when she was ready. (or we were hoping that was the case!)  She has gone 4 days now with no bottle, and I am so proud of her!  She has asked for it a couple of times but seems okay with me putting milk in a sippy cup.  I think we she did it!!

Also, today marks the FIRST day that Arden climbed out of her crib at naptime!  Nolan NEVER did this, so you can imagine my fear when I put her down for a nap and went to sit on the couch for a second.  I hear the door open and close and I about had a heart attack!  I do think the pillow that was in there to help prop her up due to her cold also helped her make that climb out, so as you can imagine the pillow is no more. I was able to lay her down again and she finally fell asleep.

I am not ready for her to be out of the crib yet, so fingers crossed that was just a one time thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment