Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Yes, it has been forever since I have blogged. More on that in another post to come. Today, it's all about Nolan.

Today is Nolan's 5th birthday!  I cannot believe 5 years ago today, right at this time, he was born. Time flies, I swear. I just want to bottle him up each day, each year, and keep him little forever! 

We celebrated his birthday this year at an awesome place called "Birthday World".

It was so much fun. He is still talking about it.  Thanks to all the family and friends that came to celebrate and make it special for him.  I have lots of pictures to share with everyone.

And because I blog to remember everything, kind of like an online scrapbook, I want to tell my handsome 5 year old a few things...

Nolan,
You are the light of my life. Happy 5th birthday! It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital and you were sooo little (well, maybe not so little at 8lb 7 oz), but much smaller than you are now.  And in 5 short years, you have grown up so much.
It is crazy how at 5 years old, you are SUCH great company.  You are such a pleasure to be around and you have a great personality. You say the funniest things these days, which I am going to do a better job of documenting here in our blog so we can look back one day and laugh. 
You are so incredibly smart.  You are reading chapter books, can do simple math, you know all of your states and capitals, and more.  I am not sure what we are going to do with you when you start Kindergarten next year.
You are so tender-hearted.  You are always so sweet with your sister and she looks up to you so much already.  Have you ever seen her stare and watch your every move? I can only hope you will be good friends forever.  You are an awesome big brother.  You love when we do things as a family. You are always telling each of us how much you love us.  I love that.
You are well-mannered and I am so proud of you for that.  It is important to mommy and daddy that you grow up and know how to be respectful. 
You are so good at soccer and basketball and we love cheering you on. Looks like you are going to be quite the athlete...(guess who you take after?)  We'll always be your biggest fans.
At 5 years pld, you are about 48 pounds and tall, tall, tall.  You are so tall and thin!

Nolan, I love you more than words can say! I am so proud God chose me to be your mom, and as we always say..."I love you to the moon and back!"

Mom xxxoooooo

Here are some pictures from the party! 









No comments:

Post a Comment