Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A little of this and that...

First, did you notice I changed the blog a bit? I wanted something a little more snazzy..you like it?  Someday I would like to actually get a "blog makeover" (yes, they have those) and pay for it to look really cool.  It's not all that expensive ande they can do some really cool stuff.  I just don't have the patience for graphic design. :-)  This will have to do for now.

Anyway, so this past weekend I had a best friend come visit with her family and we threw her a second baby shower for her new little man coming in April.  It turned out perfect. We had it at a nice restaurant on Lake Eola.  Here is a shot of the girls :-)  It was a great visit and I can't wait to see them again and meet her new little boy.  I am hoping to plan a getaway to Raleigh where they live this summer.

Photobucket

Last week we had a pretty scary thing happen with Fabio and his health.  To make a long story short, he went in to the mini ER for a bad cough and was told he had tachycardia which is a rapid resting heart rate.  They referred him to see a cardiologist so of course we went the next day.  That doctor didn't like how fast his heart was racing, too, and that coupled with high blood pressure is not good.  1st step is to rule out any life threatening possibilities so he had to have an echocardiogram done and we just got the results...no major heart issues!  That is great news.  I was so worried about him!  He is only 32, and in fairly good shape (except the fact that he has a major sweet tooth!!!) :-) He has been on a heart monitor to see if they can pick up what "triggers" the heart to race and how often it does.  Now they move on to some of the non life threatening possibilities that it could be.  I wonder if a wild 3 1/2 year old, a 3 month old that doesn't let us sleep, a busy household and work have anything to do with it???  Nonetheless, we still need to get to the bottom of it and fix it.  Praise God it isn't anything serious though.

The kids are great. Nolan still has his cast on but this time it's "azul" as he says.  His orthopedic doctor just left for Haiti for a few weeks so he has to have this one one for a little while longer than originally expected and then hopefully he will be done with casts.

Photobucket

Arden is giving us a rough time at night.  I am so tired all of the time and I just can't wait for her to sleep better.  I just keep reminding myself that this, too shall pass. It is so hard when you are going through it though.  She is so stinkin' cute though. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She "studies" the toys..look how funny...

Photobucket

Well, I am off to catch up on some DVR'd tv that I haven't been able to watch.  Have a good night!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. God,,, those kids are so beautiful!! I am a truly blessed poppie!! Thank you Danielle for giving this site the time you do,, so I and everyone else gets to share in the lives of you guys even when we are away,,, Love you all!

    Poppie/Dad

    ReplyDelete