Saturday, November 28, 2009

A lot to be thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving yesterday.  It was such a great day for us.  The morning started out with Fab watching the Macy's day parade while I started cooking in the kitchen.  Arden watched with him too and napped here and there.  Nolan kept himself busy in his playroom and would come watch when a band was on or a float he recognized. :-)

We hosted dinner at our house so we had to get things ready for everyone to come over.  This is our 3rd annual Thanksgiving dinner and we just love hosting it.  It has truly become my favorite holiday.  We had 16 people total (the family is BIG!) and growing!  My mom cooks her famous turkey and mashed potatoes and then everyone brings side dishes and desserts. 

I was sitting at the dinner table thinking about how many things I have to be thankful for.  I just want to list a few...

My husband- I am so thankful to be married to a guy who is truly my best friend and partner in life. He makes me laugh and I know I can trust him and count on him.  He works so hard for us.  He is the best dad ever and I don't know what I would do without him.

My 2 beautiful children, Nolan and Arden-  I don't even know what to say. I am so blessed to have them in my life to teach me about patience and selflessness and unconditional love and the list goes on and on.  I look at these 2 kids and just thank God that they are a part of my life.  I am so lucky and look forward to everyday with them.

My family- This is a huge one.  My mom is my very best friend and I am so thankful for her and all that she does for us.  Fabio's mom and dad are very special to me and we are so lucky they live so close.  I am thankful for my relationship with my dad. I am thankful that my brother and I have gotten so close over the years and are actually really good friends in our adult lives. I am thankful for my sister in law's Denise and Holly and brother in law's Jorge and Delwyn and all of the cousins for my children to play with and grow up with!  I am thankful for Alison and my step-sisters.  And this is just immediate family (see, I told you the family was big!) WOW!  And of course, we are thankful for our extended family as well. 

My friends- Too many to list specifically, but you know who you are!  Many of you are like sisters to me and I love you to death!  I am so lucky to have you in my life.  I can only hope I have been as good of a friend to you as you all have been to me!

Our health- There are so many people who are suffering from illness and I am so thankful for my good health and for our family to be healthy as well. 

Gosh, I really could go on forever.  This is just what things are at the top of the "thankful" list, but there are so many more.  It's kind of neat to put it down in writing. 

Anyway, just want to give you an Arden update since I last wrote as well.  Although the "Restfull" formula isn't quite the "magical" trick I was hoping for, it is helping a little bit.  Arden has good nights and not so good nights..on the bad, she is up every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours and on the good she'll give us a 3 1/2 to 4 hour stretch here and there.  Those are GREAT!  I am hoping that each day just gets better and better. It's amazing what a little extra sleep does for me...I feel like a million bucks! 

Arden is smiling all the time now...her smile melts my heart!  I finally captured it a few times in some pictures.  You just can't see her dimples like you do in person when she smiles. 

Speaking of pictures, we got a new camera the day before Thanksgiving so we can take some really good pictures of the kids.  I have been wanting this for so long so we decided to go for it.  We got the Nikon D3000 with the extra nice lens so I can do wide angle or zoom in really close from pretty far away.  Perfect for Nolan's soccer games!  I am still learning how to use it but love it so far.  That's why I have so many pictures of these past few days. 

Well, we put up all of our Christmas decorations and our tree is up so the holidays are definitely in full swing around here!  Holly and I braved it and went shopping yesterday and got some really good deals on toys for the kids so Christmas shopping is almost done! Just a few extras that I still need to get but the kids are done. :-)  I will post pictures of the Christmas decorations this week.

Tomorrow we are going to church, then to the mall to take the kiddos to see Santa, then lunch, grocery store, and home to enjoy the remainder of the long weekend.

We have a busy week this week as Arden goes to the doctor for her 2 month check-up (can you believe she is 2 months old this week?) She gets her shots which is not going to be fun and also a special surprise!  Stay tuned to see..I will definitely post pictures!

Here are the thanksgiving pictures :-)




Arden's Smile :-)



An even bigger one



I just had to post this one..what a sweet face



Table is all set!



Place Setting



Name Cards



Second Table



Outdoor Seating



Kids Table!  Next year we are going to need a BIG one!



Our little turkey



Handsome Nolan



Arden and I



A kiss with daddy



Adam and his girlfriend Kelli



Me, Mom and Adam



The Munroe Family!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh the photos of the kids are beautiful! You are so blessed.....remind me to give you a photo that was taken of you when you were Nolan's age and in pre-school as well.....it was a Thanksgiving lunch you were Nolan's age and you had an Indian headband with feathers on it. Where did 25+ years go????? Grandma is looking down and is most definitely proud of you (and Fab too) just as I am. I love you.......Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete