Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I figured it out!



Well, I finally figured out how to "blog" and am now on the blogging bandwagon! Thanks to Jen for helping me get started!  I thought this would be a great way to keep you all updated on what is happening in the Munroe household.  So much has happened recently so of course I want to get you all caught up to date.

Arden Grace joined our family on October 5th at 5:47pm weighing a healthy 8lb14oz!  The labor and delivery went very well until the very end..because of how big she was she got stuck and broke her clavicle (collar bone).  We were told it would just heal on its own so there is nothing we could do for it but to be careful when we pick her up and change her clothes. It already is much better.  She is just the cutest thing ever.  Her eyes look like they are going to be blue, fingers crossed they stay that way.  She has the cutest chubby cheeks and beautiful full lips.  Her hair is coming in quite a bit...but we aren't quite sure what color it is going to be.  We are just so in love with her.

Big brother Nolan has adjusted very well considering.  Just a few little regression things here and there but overall he is a great big brother and loves Arden a ton.  He loves to kiss and hug her and always asks to hold her.  He did say one day that she was "boring", so I cannot wait to see them interact more with each other when she gets a little bigger. 

Arden's arrival for me has just made me feel so blessed and so fulfilled.  I am so in love with these 2 kids...and I was worried I couldn't love a second baby as much as I loved Nolan?  I am adjusting pretty well to having 2 and have been taking them out by myself here and there to get used to things.  It's a lot of work, but all so worth it.  And special thanks to my mom and Fab's mom for helping us out so much these past few weeks!  You have been such a big help to us. :-)  Night time is still a little rough..of course, Arden sleeps great all day and then is up quite a bit at night.  I have been going to bed so early to try and get some rest while Fabio takes care of her for a while and then we pretty much switch.

Have I mentioned I am married to the greatest man ever?  Fabio has been so good about helping with Arden and really playing a lot with Nolan too to make sure he does not feel left out.  I know after working all day it has to be hard to come home to such a busy household but Fabio never complains about it at all. Watching him interact with Nolan and Arden just makes me so happy to be married to him.  He is such a great dad.  I am very lucky.

I have been enjoying not working these past few weeks and am excited I still have a few more weeks left of my maternity leave.  I am so grateful though to have a job where I teach online from home so I can still be home with my kids!  I cannot imagine having Arden go to daycare right now.  Even when I have to start "working" again, it won't really be that bad.  It will be sort of nice to be on a "schedule" again.

We sure are enjoying all of the fun "fall" stuff to do lately, although I wish the weather was cooler here!  We are keeping busy with Nolan's soccer games too on the weekends.  He is doing great and loves it!  Fab is going to coach next year because he can't stand sitting on the sidelines. :-)  I will post pictures soon..

Well, I think that about wraps it all up for now.  Sorry this one was so long!  Lot's to fill you in on!
I am leaving you with a few of my favorite recent pictures...:-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic










































4 comments:

  1. 10/30/09
    Hi Danielle, Oh my gosh, Arden is so beautiful!!! I wish her, health and happiness.

    You both are so blessed to have two healthy and geougous children.

    They are blessed to have you both and a super wonderful grandma to!!!!

    Hugs,
    Auntie Christina - NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Danielle....you did a great job!
    We are blessed to have you as our daughter-in-law. We are very proud of our family tree.

    I loved Arden's UCF outfit. She is a doll.
    Love,
    Murdock and Cleide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Arden my love.....

    You are so sweet and we all love you very much.

    Your Mom and Dad are amazing with juggling everything they have to make sure that you and your brother are so well taken care of. You are a lucky little girl!

    See you on Sunday!

    Love Grandma Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle!

    I love the new blog :) And little Arden is ADORABLE!!! Congratulations!!!
    Thanks for having my photo blog as one of your "favorites" -- that is so neat! That's how I found this site actually!

    I hope I can meet the new little addition while I'm in town for Christmas. We should do a little reunion lunch or something.

    Take care!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete